COPA (Connecting Patients) is an interdisciplinary research team conducting research and teaching in the area of medical informatics.
We are currently focusing on the following topics:
- Development and improvement of medical information systems
- Deployment and operation of medical information systems
- Security and privacy issues in medical data processing
- Focus on the needs of patients and health care specialists
- Currently relevant topics of eHealth
- Interoperability on national and international level
and are continuously expanding our horizon.
On the application level we are currently working on
- Electronic Health Record
- Health IT Infrastructure
- Hot topics in current academic research which are not used in medical practice yet.
We are affiliated with the Research Group for Industrial Software (INSO) at the Vienna University of Technology.